Chop Stick 8’0 Softboard
8’0″ X 22 5/8″ X 3 1/8″
- 6’0″ X 20 5/8″ X 3″ (45L)
- 6’6″ X 21 1/4″ X 3 1/8″ (50L)
- 7’0″ X 21 1/4″ X 3 1/8″ (54L)
- 7’6″ X 21 5/8″ X 2 3/4″ (59L)
- 8’0″ X 22 5/8″ X 3 1/8″ (70L)
Chop Stick Model Recommended Sizing
- 6’0 – Beginner Riders up to 40kg, Advanced Surfers up to 90kg
- 6’6 – Beginner Riders 30-50kg, Advanced Surfers of all sizes
- 7’0 – Beginner Riders 40-60kg, Advanced Surfers of all sizes
- 7’6 – Beginner Riders 55-75kg, Advanced Surfers of all sizes
- 8’0 – Beginner Riders 70 – 95kg, Advanced Surfers of all sizes
We would recommend this for beginner riders weighing 70-95kg, although if you are an experienced surfer of any weight, you’d be able to use this to get your wave count up on the smaller days. Having one of these in your quiver is a surefire way to ensure there is no waves too small or too crowded, so you’ll be surfing more than ever!
If you watch the clip above, the 8’0 is the Purple Decked board. As you can see, it’s nice and stable when just cruising along, is big enough for nose riding, and still turns well when put on rail.
The 8’0 Chop Stick uses our Mini Mal Shape template. This is ideal for learning as they paddle fast, allowing you to catch more waves, and give you a little more time to get to your feet. Once your up and riding, the wider nose makes them extremely stable.
Compared to some of the other 8’0’s on the market, there are 2 main features which we believe puts the Chopstick above the rest.
- Thickness– it’s a touch thinner than most of our competitors. Once you’ve a got a few weeks of surfing under your belt, this ensures your board doesn’t hold you back once you start ripping! Also a bit easier to duckdive!
- Rail Profiles – Due to our Moulded Core process, we have been able to refine our rails profiles (particularly at the front end), so they are nice and rounded, and not sharp and bulky. This help to stop you from nosediving & catching rails while riding, and similarly to the thickness, makes the board a bit more responsive through turns.
Core:100% Waterproof Moulded EPS Core
Deck: 10lb PE Deck
Slick: Xtra Duralinx Slick
Reinforcements: Double Bamboo Stringers Re-inforced with Fibreglass Taping Features: Edge Trim System, Exoskeletal Strength Membrane, Leash Plug
Fins: Thruster Fin Set Up with Bones and Shanks Fin System. – Fins Included with Every Board
The boards are constructed using exclusive Softlite Moulds – This ensures that every board comes out identical with no imperfections. It also creates a harder shell of EPS foam on the outside making Softlite boards stiffer and more durable than competitors who use similar cores.
No screws on deck -No kicking your toes on screws, looks good and is easier to wax deck.
Bones and Shanks Fin System – Easy to install and remove fins. Compatible with other fin two tab systems, allowing you to change your fins to suit conditions or alter board performance
Bamboo Stringer System – This is re-enforced with fibreglass sheeting and epoxy resin to give the perfect amount of flex.