The first traction-added wax that broke away from the use of a paraffin-based surf wax. Long-lasting and easy to apply.
- Cold: Our softest wax for water temps below 60̴åÁF/15̴åÁC
- Cool: A semi-soft wax for water temps 58̴åÁF-68̴åÁF/14̴åÁC-19̴åÁC
- Warm: A semi-hard wax for water temps 64̴åÁF-74̴åÁF/19̴åÁC-28̴åÁC
- Tropical: A hard wax for water temps above 75̴åÁF/24̴åÁC
- Original Blueberry scent
- Non-toxic, biodegradable, all-natural
- For best performance, use Sticky Bumps basecoat under any of our temperature-specific waxes
“Life is surfing,” reflects Wax Research founder John Dahl. For over 45 years, Dahl and his family have been on the crest of wax science. A pioneer in the purest sense, he began experimenting with wax formulas in the late 60’s and started Wax Research in 1971. At that time, the sport of surfing was in the midst of the radical Shortboard Revolution and the demands on boards and wax was progressing at an accelerated rate. His goal was to make wax that would help elevate surfing to the next level. Wax Research’s offerings have been in a perpetual state of evolution. From the emergence of the thruster through the New School generation and into the 21st Century, John has been on an endless mission to improve the worlds surf experiences by enhancing wax performance. Today Wax Research ships over four million Sticky Bumps wax bars annually. This fact alone translates to hundreds of millions of waves ridden with our signature wax every year.